Sunday, February 25, 2007

ANTIDOTE TO OSCAR BLUES

Act Naturally – Buck Owens


It’s kind of cliché that Hollywood actors do music on the side. They are attracted to it because musical ability is somewhat measurable, as opposed to acting ability that has much that is not measurable about it. A musical performance seems to deliver value that is more objective than the value delivered by an acting performance

It’s possible that if I were dating someone we’d go to some movies. It’s a way to get out of the house, to be together without having to talk, and to have something in common to talk about later.

But I just haven’t gone to the movies lately. Maybe I should do the math.

Anyway, Buck and his gang show impeccable musicianship and always deliver real value, in my objective view.

SFWILLIE’S BLOG presents the above Buck Owens link as an antidote to the Oscar presentation.

The song is well made, and Honesty must admit that the self-effacing wit of the lyrics is charmingly egalitarian. As I pointed out almost a year ago, before I knew about YouTube, in a little tribute to him, Buck was a Bakersfield guy, by choice.

----- o -----

No comments: