Tuesday, January 15, 2008

DREADLINE

I’m sorry. Call me prejudiced, but this headline scares the sh*t out of me:

WHITE HOUSE OKS MEXICAN TRUCK PROGRAM

I’m not the only one. According to this AP report via Raw Story:

The Teamsters Union, Sierra Club and Public Citizen joined together in a lawsuit filed in August seeking to block the program.

Teamsters AND Sierra Club?


According to the article, Congress passed legislation forbidding the program. The White House is claiming some semantic loophole, but basically they’re ignoring the will of the legislature, and my will also.

Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., who won a 74-24 vote to block the program,

"When you open up U.S. highways to long-haul Mexican trucks without equivalent safety standards, it poses risks for American drivers,"

And/or, “Duh!”
----- o -----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're speaking of "Duh Byuh" I take it. r.s.