Friday, April 06, 2007

A LOCAL PARK

On Vicente near 28th is a small park where I play tennis two mornings a week. There are four courts, fenced in pairs, with one pair of courts reserved for Tai Chi every morning from 7-10am.

At first I took umbrage, now I’m enjoying the music, which seems about the same every morning, as I hit my winners and losers. I was stood up yesterday morning so I took some pictures, doing a walk around of the courts.

Jim Lee come out to see what the heck I was doing. I told him I was a blogger, but I usually was playing on the adjacent courts. I was the one, I explained, they heard groaning in pain and cussing profusely. Jim Lee encouraged me to come and learn Tai Chi. Jim said he was working on exercises involving swords, and he’s thoroughly addicted.




















----- o -----

1 comment:

Civic Center said...

Go for it. I know a number of people older than the two of us who swear by it. Helps you to keep your balance and keeps the energy (chi) flowing so you don't get sick.